Can I tell you a secret? A little something just between you and me.
Often times, secrets are hidden in plain sight. Just waiting to be discovered! What secret did I find? In order to scale indoor agriculture and take it mainstream, great scale must be built into the original design. No one was doing this! All existing systems are extreme gantt leveraged where workers must go to the system and answer the fundamental question of , “Where did I put that tray of lettuce?”. This is no different than traditional outdoor ag with much added expense. Fortunately, to manage this inferior starting point, system peripherals of lights, data, sensors and robotics have rapidly advanced.
If we could figure out a I/O system foundation architecture to solve Ag 2.0? This directly impacts the top 2 OpEx problems of utilities and labor while substantially reducing system complexity.
This means our starting point was zero. If we could solve this, we could contribute something to the human cause and make producers lives as easy as possible. Our key insight is that all existing art is highly specialized, offers no throughput and has to be heavily automated just to get to the starting line. Just look closely at the foundation of these systems. Obsolete. 50 year old greenhouse stuff brought into indoor farming and expected to perform? People keep optimizing these systems and expecting a different result! Isn’t that.. the definition of insanity? A freshly painted turd with good branding and a great app is, well, it is still an antiquated turd, albeit, with a great app! While everyone is advancing the peripherals around the grow and knowing these will continue to advance, we asked a different question. What is the path forward? What is the foundation of agriculture for an urbanized planet? Further, to be viable, we had to eliminate multiple labor touch points such as propagation stations, plant transfers and consumables such as net baskets, grow media such as rock wool etc. For cannabis production, we had to eliminate or at least minimize SCROG nets and screens. We had to create a machine that was subsystem and peripheral neutral as end users should be able to use whatever OEM equipment they want. The system needed some Henry Ford. We had to have movement to be high throughput. Something that hasn’t existed before. Our mantra became in situ seed, grow and harvest. No compromise. The foundation had to be stand alone profitable at the starting line, in it’s purest form, before adding system complexity. In other words, to be legacy free we had to get rid of mostly everything except the modern peripherals around the grow! We think you will like what we’ve created. X is the new foundation to which advanced peripherals belong. The AutoCrop™ foundation in the hands of professionals becomes a precision instrument. Producers get to discover the best uses and recipes for the new tools of a production line, the RZE™, the AirFrames™, precision aeroponics and directed phototropism. When the AutoCrop system becomes tuned with today’s best practices, it will continue to open new paths forward and teach us it’s true capabilities for generations to come.
- Maximal utilization of volumetric space.
- Foundation: Ultralight, modular and scalable system architecture: the machine is literally 80% air. Units can be added or removed from the production line as producer efficiencies increase.
- EZRail™: Production line field movement and system access.
- Vertical Field Architecture: Designed by crop class.
- Sealed and pressurized system enclosure: System architecture is hostile to pests and pathogens.
- MegaFarm I/O High Volume Continuous Production Lines : Throughput : Crops advance through system from seed to harvest on the EZRail™. Minimal human labor. By the week, day, hour or minute. 18.104.22.1685.
- No traditional consumables. No nets. No pots. No poly bonded plugs. No peat. No rock wool. No screen. No silliness here. No kidding.
- Canopy micro environments: By each crop stage. Fully enclosed. No photons are lost, gases are customized and system is pressurized.
- AutoCrop™ Precision AeroPonics. Awesome sauce. Custom gas recipes.
- Multiple crop classes: Currently offered: tomatoes, cannabis, plant proteins.
- VPT™: Vertical Propagation Technology: In situ seeding, seedling and clones.
- RZE™: Root Zone Environment: The 4th controlled grow zone.
- AirFrames™: Separate the grow from the macro environment. Granular, per leaf gasflow. Custom gas recipes.
- Directed Phototropism: Granular per leaf photon delivery. lLights become where needed, when needed precision instruments and non invasive tooling replacing or minimizing traditional labor intensive SCROG screens and labor.
- UFM™: Universal Field Mount: By crop class. The vertical fields move through the system. Additional tooling is mounted directly to the field. Trellis, large canopy supports, Directed phototropism SCROG supports, potato supports, etc.
- Sub system neutral: Use any OEM you like.
- Harvest: one and done or selective harvest. Harvest for greens and herbs utilizes gravity. Greens simply fall gently into distribution bins. Peas and beans go to further processing.
- Zero waste: system output remainder is plant material. Compost is a revenue stream.